Monday, December 7, 2009

RSM Exchange Program-1. Application

Well~I guess it's time for me to keep my promise of writing articles about the RSM Exchange Program. One thing I have to say in advance: this is only for reference, and all I know is based on my experience in 2009 RSM exchange program. The situation may change, so please get the updated information by yourself. Let's start from the application part.

1. How many choices for exchange program?

So far as I know, CGU/Drucker has different exchange progarms at each year based on how many schools are willing to provide the opportunities. In 2009, there are two schools for MBA exchange program- RSM in Netherlands, and St. Gallen in Switzerland.

2. How can I know the school list and the number of opening?

In my experience, CGU will send an email to the CGU account, in Middle March, to announce the school list and the application process. Usually each school will only accept one or two exchange students. In 2009, three people went to St. Gallen, and one person, which is me, went to RSM.

3. What should I do for the application process?

In the email, CGU asked students who were interesting in those exchanges programs to submit an essay. In that essay you have to explain four things: 1) why do you want to study abroad? 2) Why do you think you are qualified for the exchange program? 3) How will you represent CGU? 4) How will you contribute to the host school?

The questions may be slightly different, but I think that's what you need to answer. Here I have two suggestions for writing the essay. First, involve your CGU experience into your essay. CGU has reviewed your resume when you applied for CGU. So don't say something they already knew, try to put some new stories in your essay. Second, understand the host school and involve its feature in your essay. Let CGU know you are really serious about the exchange program.

4. When will I know the result?

About two weeks after the deadline, you will get an email.


I guess that's all I know about the application process. Hope it's helpful ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment